CROs are a cost-effective customer-focused alternative to unarmed Police Officers who, through their patrolling and responses, also support the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) general advice on Countering Terrorism, Countering Activities by Hostile Countries, and Protecting the Public.
Apart from being cheaper on an officer/per hour basis, CROs are able to undertake duties that police would not normally do.
|Patrol Terminal Areas||YES||YES|
|Deal with passenger-related incidents||YES||YES|
|First Aid support||YES||YES|
|Retail shrinkage deterrent||YES||YES|
|Reporting of “Near Misses” in relation to “Health & Safety” incidents.||NO||YES|
|Baggage belt breakdown support||NO||YES|
|Here to Help||NO||YES|
|Statistical data collection||NO||YES|
|Direct illegal drop-offs through “charging” areas||NO||YES|
|Direct illegal parking to “chargeable” parking areas||NO||YES|
|Direct queuing passengers to purchase Fast Track||NO||YES|
- Directing passengers to Fast Track – increases revenue
- Moving on Illegal Drop Offs – increases revenue
- Managing illegal parking in unauthorized areas – increases revenue
- Cost-effective alternative to unarmed Police Officers – reduces the number (and cost) of unarmed police that are required
- Chargeable VIP escort service (Booking facility on the airport’s own website) – increases revenue
- Supporting retail loss – visible presence helps reduce theft
Operational / Security Benefits
- Incident management – reduces the number of airport and/or police staff being committed to minor incidents
- Visual security presence – reduces the risk of criminal and terrorist activity
- Assisting with police nonarmed operations
- Crisis management support
- Queue management – Increasing and improving passenger footfall processing times enabling more “spending” time in departures.
- Baggage belt breakdown support
- Here to Help – helping and improving passenger’s journey
- First Aid support (can even be First Aid Responders – reducing the number (and cost) of airport staff required to be trained in, and respond to, first aid incidents.
- Statistical data collection to assist in improving operational effectiveness
If you would like more information on our Customer Response Officers, or just wish to explore how we can help reduce costs and improve your passengers journey please contact 07485 382193