If you are interested in joining us at SES (Group, Aviation or Logistics) for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career keeping millions of people safer, and where full training is provided for all our roles, contact us.
Details about typical roles, and requirements, are detailed below. Please note that when a specific role is required to be filled, the criteria below may change.
As we continue to expand, we regularly require more staff, ranging from Aviation Security Instructors, and Customer Service, to Aviation Security Officer roles (full time, part time, weekends only, and ad hoc hours under contract are possible, where suitable to the role(s).
Logistics and Screening Operative
Due to the expansion of our Security Screening Logistics Services, SES are actively searching for Logistics and Screening Operatives.
A Logistics and Screening Operative must be self-motivated and disciplined, who is prepared mentally and physically to deal with a range of situations.
As a Logistics and Screening Operative your key responsibilities are:
- Control access by checking IDs and challenging persons without authorisation.
- Screen persons entering the screening area.
- Operate a forklift
- Screen goods to the required standard using a combination of technology and hand search
- Search and seal vehicles
- Test equipment as required
- Complete any necessary paperwork accurately, and in a timely manner
- Attend any required training within the correct time frame
- Work as part of a team
- Comply with all safety and security regulations and procedures
- Assist with any emergency situations
Full training will be provided.
- Basic standard of written and spoken English
- Possess effective communication skills
- Be observant
- Pay attention to detail
- Be physically fit
- Hold full UK driving license
- Given the role, the successful applicant will be required to successfully pass a full 5-year background referencing & vetting check as CTC clearance is required.
- Have valid aviation security training certification – ideally Cargo and/or In-Flight & Airport Supplies
- Hold a valid B1 forklift license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000 to £32,000 depending on experience
- Company pension
- Day shift – Monday to Fri
- Night shift – Monday to Fri
- Weekend availability – Day & Night Shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Poyle (Heathrow): Reliably commute to Poyle, or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Screening and/or Logistics: 1 year (preferred)
If you are interested in this role, please apply today!
Aviation Security Training Instructor
As an aviation security training instructor, you will be part of team who are responsible for the initial and recurrent training of staff who work in certain parts of aviation. Be under no allusion, it is a very important, and demanding role, but also very rewarding, your work contributes to keeping millions of passengers safer – few jobs do that!
You will develop experience and competency in delivering training, which in turn will enable you to develop your knowledge in e.g. Cargo, In Flight Supplies, airport security, and auditing.
It is not a role for everyone, as you will deliver training across the UK, and undertake overseas deployment, which could be to any country in the world, sometimes at short notice.
We would particularly like to hear from you if you are already an Aviation Security Trainer with a CIN. However, we would also like to hear from you if you have experience in delivering any sort of formal training, or even if you would just like to become an Aviation Security Trainer.
Essential & Desirable requirements are the same as for Aviation Security Officers (see below).
Aviation Security Officer
Aviation Security Officers are required to have excellent communication skills, have an approachable manner, and be well presented. You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of aviation duties, including body searching, bag searching and x-ray screening.
You are also required to be a self-motivated and disciplined individual, who is prepared, mentally and physically to deal with range of situations.
Depending on the type and location of the role, you could either be working with clients within general (private) aviation industry where the customers enjoy an exceptional experience, and with every flight a unique and tailor fit to suit their VIP and CIP demands, or you could be working at a UK International Airport where you will be dealing with a very large number of passengers, on a regular basis, who will present you with varying challenges.
For both locations, you will need to have a passion for service, will care enough to make a difference to a passenger’s day, and will take a real pride in everything they do for all our customers.
No two days will be the same!
- 5 years previous work history (with references for any gaps)
- 1 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Completion of a criminal record check and counter-terrorism check prior to starting
- Lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
- Hold full UK driving license
- Full colour vision is required to screen cabin and hold baggage
- Offer of role dependant on passing full vetting
- Previous experience in aviation security
- Current aviation ground security officer (or ground security supervisor) training
- Current CTC clearance
Customer Service Assistant
In this role, you will be customer-facing. You will be required to be interactive, and provide the best customer service, and support the SES team with the screening of flights.
You will also carry out meet and assist tasks within the terminal/airport areas.
- Evidence of previous experience in a customer-facing role (min 1 yr)
- Provide a 1-year employment reference
- Provide a criminal record check
- Always take pride in their presentation
- Able to commute including during unsociable hours
For this role, you must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and will always have a warm and approachable manner while being well presented.
To express your interest in any of the above roles or are interested in joining us at SES (Group, Aviation or Logistics) please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.